Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Got Joy?

So I found a note card I had used to take notes during one of our middle school Bible club messages. One of our co-leaders had challenged us to write a list of the things we wanted to be accomplishing with our lives. The top two I wrote down were: 1) Do something meaningful and 2) Live surrendered to Jesus. Another on the list was to 'love people.' I feel like all three of those things will happen through this China journey. So that was pretty super encouraging. :)

One of the items on the list, though, tugged at my heart as I realized I'm rather failing at living it out... and that is to 'be contagiously joy-filled.' I'd say I've been more 'contagiously defeated.' Pretty much lame. And I'd really love to change that!

So that's my goal for now. I may not know how I'm going to 'do life' the next week, month, and year... but I sure can focus on the next minute, hour, and day, and choosing to be contagiously joy-filled in those moments. So that's the plan... feel free to hold me to it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment